Sana Hospital Rummelsberg in Bavaria, Germany initially made headlines in 2013, when it became one…
Hospices Civils de Lyon Acquires First HiRise in France
The CurveBeam HiRise was recently featured on the French media channel BFM Lyon in a news item about Hospices Civils (HCL) de Lyon. HCL de Lyon is the first facility in France to obtain the third generation weight bearing CT scanner in the country.
HCL de Lyon is the second largest university hospital in France. More than 5000 doctors work across its 14 campuses, offering state-of-the-art care. With its recent HiRise acquisition, the hospital’s orthopedic surgery and traumatology department can now provide its patients with bilateral, 3D full leg scans.
Thanks to this unique equipment, we will be able to study the anatomy and alignment of the lower limbs under load and the impact on the hip, knee and ankle joints. In connection with our use of robotics and surgical navigation, this will allow us to improve the implantation of hip and knee prostheses and to analyze the results with high precision, quickly and with low irradiation” – Dr. Anthony Viste, Orthopedic Surgeon.
The HiRise could enable several research projects, including:
- Weight bearing CT (WBCT) assessment of hip and knee morphometry before and after primary prosthesis
- Evaluation of painful hips and knees after prosthesis: comparison between conventional medical CT imaging and WBCT
- Evaluation of pelvic parameters: comparison between conventional medical CT imaging and WBCT
- Evaluation of patellar instability parameters: comparison between conventional medical CT imaging and WBCT
- Realization of custom-made cutting guides (PSI) for the placement of a total ankle prosthesis from a pre-operative scan: comparison of data obtained from a conventional medical CT imaging and WBCT
Learn more about HCL de Lyon’s initiatives here.
To learn more about the HiRise click here.